Laudamus holds auditions before or after each semester, at the discretion of the director. Auditions for 2020/2021 are on hold until after covid19 restrictions are lifted. Please let us know of your interest by filling out the audition request form on this page and our director, Nathan Payant, will contact you when audition dates are set.
An audition consists of vocal exercises, ear training and sight-singing (it is not required to prepare a piece ahead of time).
• 2-minute choral scholar quiz:
Where would you put the ending ’t” in this measure?
How would you get your pitch in this measure?
By looking at some music, could you tell me what the tonal center is? (Key?)
• Melody recognition (aural skills): Listen to a phrase of music, you sing it back.
• Rhythmic proficiency: Count out 4 – 8 measures of music.
• Audio-visual discrimination: Look at two measures of music while it is being
played, tell what or if anything has been played incorrectly.
• You do not need to prepare a solo for this audition.
Please fill out the form below and indicate what part you sing and what choral experience you have. Thank you. We look forward to meeting you.
Rehearsals: Most Mondays 7:00 pm – 9:15 pm
Additional preparation with recordings
Concerts: 3 or 4 per year
Dress: Tuxes for men, concert dresses for women